Monday 8 November 2010

Setting Up Your PC to Run Java Applications eg Netbeans

Steps

1) Go to Control Panel
2) Select System and Maintenance
3) Select System
4) Select Advanced System Settings from the left side of the menu and click OK for Admin level access
5) Select Environment Variables
6) Scroll down under the system variables area (bottom half of screen) and select path.
7) Select Edit and go all the way to the end of the line. You need to add your path to the end. Make sure you place a semicolon before you entry. For me my path was as follows ";C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin".
8) Select OK and you are ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. At first i was finding it difficult to run applications i wrote on my netbeans program but after performing the above task on my PC, the applications ran smoothly.

    thanks to Tim Layton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found out that all the key words in java are in BLUE

    ReplyDelete